Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Monica Akinyi's account of Miracle Victory Feeding Center's beginnings

Miracle & Victory Centre (Monica wrote this in 2008)

The Centre was started on May 1st 2007. It was a vision from the Lord after praying for so many years asking Lord on what do to the Children of Kibera who were suffering due to lack of food, schooling and care. I have stayed in Kibera slums for more than 10 years due to lack of food care and education has made many children to quite their home and run to the street in search of food and that has caused high rate of death and malnutrition diseases.

It was on the same year the Lord sent some missionaries to Kenya (The adventures in Mission team) the same year life was very rough on my side I was very poor single mother of four children, and yet the children were also suffering in my neighborhood and in kibera slums as a whole I prayed for two days asking the Lord to answer me, I prayed and fasted then the Lord spoke to me in a vision telling me that he will rescue me and the children. In the morning my first born Oscar went to school I did not know what way the Lord will use.

Thanks to the Lord. Because Oscar meet with Brian Baucon who came with Adventurers. They became friends for a while without me knowing one morning Oscar told me about his friend that he would love to meet me. I went to where they were staying and I met Brian. Brian paid a visit to my place over the weekend. I was staying in one single room with all the children. He did not mind, he visited us every weekend. He wrote to his family bck home telling them about me. He talked to their team mates about us. The Lord talked to Brian and he asked me what business I can do to support my family, because even my own children could not go to school. Brian gave me 12,000 Kenyan shillings to start a business of selling fish. I started selling fish from up country.  The Lord blessed the business afterwards Cindy Baucom came to visit us in Kenya. When she came, she came to my house to visit me I was blessed with her too. The Lord talked to her to support the bussines, she gave me 13,000KSH to uplift my business. It was a great blessing to me. I started to see our Lord working for me before she could live. I heard the Lord talking to me reminding me to start a feeding centre. Where I can feed the children, because at lunch time so many children were coming to my house when they see me cooking and could share. We started the centre near my house in a church hall which we rented. Brian and adventures team were coming over to visit and they were also providing some food. I also used the profit left  from the fish and Mandazi business to support on the day Cindy was leaving at night back to America I told her what the Lord was telling me she ws attracted with the vision and she promised to tell people back home.

The centre was then, started and in May 2007 Brian team left to America.  On the first day we had 100 children. The number increased each day, it was until 2008 after the distuted elections in Kenya so many children lost their parents and relatives we added the number to 200 children. It has seen Cindy standing with us all along. Looking for organization and churches to stand with us. Cindy has been making some fund raising from friends and well wishers. The Lord talked to Monroe Christian Centre to support us and PT 16 15 organization. They started to wire money. At the centre I was forced to hire some workers to help me run it. The money was wired after every three months. I thank God for the Church, Cindy and the organization for what they are doing for the children in Kibera. Although it has not been enough it has played a very big role in at the centre as a whole. God bless Cindy, PT15 16, and Monroe Christian Church.

We have encountered a lot of challenges, especially on paying staff and food plus rent. It was until march when I got some sad news from Cindy that the Church cannot support anymore, because many people who were giving lost their jobs and remember that the centre has grown to a feeding centre and pre-school. We teach children and feed them too, also we have a very big number of orphans who need support of clothes and other things. So from that day up to this point there is nothing we have. Like this month the children will go without food because what we had could not manage for the whole 3 months it was 431$ US which is to feed 200children for three months and also to pay workers.

We are praying and appealing to friends, well wishers to please come out and support or save the life of the children in Kibera.

Below is the updated report on money we have been receving and how we spent i. my friend I know how you have been working hard so that the centre continues to operate let join hands in prayers so that the Lord will provide for the children. Your donation and support is highly needed especially in time like this when we do not have food in stock God bless you.

Our Mission
Is to love care and change life and give feature to children.

Motto:
With faith all things are possible.

Vision:
To make a home for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment